Live from the NEW Eat it. Drink it. Blog!

Saturday, May 22, 2010

Saturday Breakfast: A Tip!

It's no shock that I adore greek yogurt. I talk about it all the time...it's my go to for breakfast, savory dishes, sometimes even desserts. But I what I've really started loving is the ability of greek yogurt to sub in for an otherwise less than healthy ingredient. I use it instead of sour cream in chili and soup, and I make a killer spinach artichoke dip with it!

This morning (and a few other mornings lately) I went this route. I subbed it for cream cheese on my sprouted wheat toast. No fat, 20+ grams of protein...and tangy and delicious! I sliced up some grape tomatoes I bought at the Farmer's Market last week, sprinkled on some dill from my herb garden, and voila! A gorgeous, incredibly healthy, and super tasty breakfast!
I know I'm not the only one subbing the stuff...what's your favorite way to use Greek Yogurt?

No comments:

Post a Comment