Live from the NEW Eat it. Drink it. Blog!

Thursday, March 11, 2010

It's the Most Incredible...Dip (in the world!)

(Photo: Ric Watson)
I'm embarrassed to say that I did a horrible job of shooting pics of the food on Saturday night. What can I say? I was in awe of my friends, my husband, and my seemingly never-ending glass of bubbly. So, sadly, I do not have a picture of this intensely amazing, incredibly awe-inspiring spicy feta dip. Needless to say, this drool-worthy photo above is not the dip in question, but it will give you a bit of a visual cue.

Our friends Liz and Jack make it all the time. Probably because, just like Saturday, we all request it. It's THAT good. And though we all know how easy it is, I've never made it. I guess I never think of it...but now it's so going on my list for the next dinner event. It's just awesome. Liz has "told" us the recipe before, but usually, I've had some wine, and am certainly not remembering. I asked her to share the recipe with me, and of course, it's from right out of her brain. Kind of. What I mean is, there used to be a recipe, and in her most recent (unbelievably gorgeous) kitchen remodel, it got lost. So this version is straight out of her head, and I can tell you, it did NOT disappoint on Saturday. We were dipping EVERYTHING (green beans, pretzels, chips) into the glorious spicy goodness.

One thing. You should try and make EVERYONE at said gathering at least have one bite. It's garlicky, in the best way possible, and you probably don't want to be the one person not eating it, having to smell the rest of the party!

Did I mention it's insanely easy? Score!

Liz and Jack's Spicy Feta Dip
One chunk of feta (one pkg)
10 (or so) pepperoncini peppers plus a bit of juice (adjust to your particular heat desires)
2-3 cloves of garlic (again, adjust to your taste)
red pepper flakes, to taste
1/4 plain (or greek, which is what I would do) yogurt
1 sprig fresh mint, chopped
1/4 C olive oil

Now, Liz doesn't say how she does it, but I'd add all ingredients but the olive oil into the food processor and pulse. Don't make it to pureed. You want it to be slightly chunky, but still creamy. 
Then stir in the olive oil slowly until the mixture looks just combined.

Garnish with a bit of fresh mint.

Serve with ANYTHING but multi-grain chips, crunchy baguette, crackers, pretzels, vegetables...all good.

No comments:

Post a Comment